This post is only for people who have played through the game at least once and would like to achieve a specific outcome.
To form a strong relationship with Amalek, you must generally avoid reading his mind. If you want to form a romantic relationship with him, choose gullible as one of your character traits at the beginning of the game. Similarly, if you chose short-tempered instead, you will lose extra points with him throughout the story.
- When you reunite with Amalek in Chapter 2, you must have only looked at his mind less than 6 times; then you will tell him the Prototype’s purpose
- Do NOT Dive Deeper into his mind for the Vandorfin coordinates
- In the scene where you choose whether to Dive Deeper into his mind: if you resist Diving Deeply, if you told him about the Prototype previously, if you have used the Void less than 30 times overall, and if your relationship with Amalek is higher than 60 points, you will tell him that you have the ability to read minds
- After he asks you not to read his mind, obey his wishes
- If you chose “gullible” as one of your character traits at the beginning of the game and follow the steps above, you will kiss Amalek
Life or death:
- Amalek will live or die depending on when you realize he’s in danger. During the second mission to Teballai, after you climb down the Q’s palace with Mierol, read his mind as soon as you can. Mierol will have time to bandage his wounds. Either way they will think that he’s dead, but if you bandaged his wounds early enough, you might see him again in the Epilogue (Endings 1, 2, or 3)
- Your relationship with Amalek can take a turn for the worse if you read his mind often enough. If you pull the Vandorfin coordinates from his mind and keep reading his mind in the scenes afterward, you might say something you shouldn’t, and Amalek will know you betrayed him